Monday, August 23, 2010

When Horses Fly.


This weekend I went to the Oregon Air Show with my dad and two of my brothers. While we were walking around the grounds trying to score as many free stickers and FAA Junior Agent badges as possible, my little brother Bob turned to me and said, "I'm going to buy a horse and a plane."

"Cool!" I said. "Are you going to learn to jump from your plane onto your horse like The Phantom? That's a classic move. The ladies love it."

Bob sighed at my stupidity. "No. I'm gonna teach the horse to be a pilot. Then I'm gonna ride the horse while it flies the plane."

"Oh," I said. "Well I guess that's even better."

10 comments:

Dani said...

I've said it before and I'll say it again: I love your family!

Daiana said...

haha! as per usual, your brothers are so funny!
oxx

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

He's got a point...

Me said...

i love that movie!

Allison said...

Hi - I'm delurking to say your bro sounds awesome. It's wonderful when someone really gets your humor!

C said...

So I'm not even kidding...the first two or three times I read this exchange (first on Tumblr and then here), I thought your brother wanted to train his horse to be a ghost. I could not for the life of me understand how a ghost horse could possibly fly a plane, much less how he would be able to ride a pilot ghost horse. Needless to say, I'm relieved I was wrong.

Anonymous said...

Makes perfect sense.

robert basler said...

Winona, this is the brother who's 27 years old, right?

WendyB said...

Seriously, Winona, how did you not know that?

ερι said...

thats a good idea for every person who wants to be a pilot and have a farm at the same time...haha..awesome:)please if you dont mind check my page also.thanks:)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin