Tuesday, October 10, 2006

Live Nude Lips!

I have a confession. I am now officially one of those people who reads about a celebrity makeup regimen and then goes out and buys the exact same products. Shameful. I know. Sienna Miller triggered it for me. I think Ms. Miller is gorgeous and I'm a huge fan of her fashion sense, if not her taste in men (Nick is fully aware that if he ever cheats on me his testicles' days will be numbered).

Her recent appearance at the Met epitomized everything I love about makeup--it was dramatic but not slutty, 1960's-inspired, fresh. I would post the picture but jesus it's nerve-racking enough to post a picture of myself up here (as my friend Millie can attest after receiving numerous emails with photo options and various incarnations of "okay, does this one make me look like I think I'm too cool?), like hell I'm gonna post one next to a professionally primped Sienna Miller. If you simply must see it, go
here. Anyway, she has the most fabulous nude lipstick on, which as I found out from reading a painstakingly detailed People magazine synopsis of what products she was wearing and how to apply each is a MAC lipstick called Lovedust.

After checking with my friend Khathy to make sure that we large-lipped gals can wear nude lipstick (I was afraid it would look like I was trying to hide one of my biggest features and failing miserably) and being assured that we indeed can (although she does advise the use of a lipliner in this situation), I headed straight to Macy's and became a celebrity makeup sheep. These are my new nudified lips:


It totally works, right? No matter how much I slather on, this is about as nude as my lips get, but I think the effect is enough. When I add a whole bunch of dark eyeliner to the equation it creates an awesome fatter-version-of-Twiggy vibe (and no, I'm not fishing for compliments; saying you're fatter than Twiggy is like saying you're smarter than Forrest Gump--it's not that profound of an assertion).

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Fabulous!

Anonymous said...

I hardly ever wear colour on my lips... and I must admit I probably do the whole nude lips/dark eyes a little too much
:-)

Ally. said...

the only thing i really wear on my lips is chapstick or lipgloss.. maybe i'll pick up some nude lipstick becase it looks outrageously chic!

Lauren Messiah said...

Flawless.

thetiniestspark said...

ow ow!

Honeybee said...

I do, it, too! The other day, I was going to get so must-have lipstick I had read about in eve or marie claire or easy living or in style... (you get the picture), when I had another look at the article and it said that the colour was suitable for brunettes (and I'm blonde). I have such faith in the infallible advice of beauty editors that I stopped on my tracks.

You look fab with the nude lips. btw.

Anonymous said...

You really do look amazing!

Anonymous said...

That's hot.

Henna said...

that lipstick actually looks really good on you! I might have to actually pick it up myself.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin