Friday, October 27, 2006

Turning junior high I think I'm turning junior high I really think so

The other day I got an urge to relive the glorious years that were junior high and high school (oh my god I can't believe I just typed that), so I went for a little trip down memory lane, aka Alloy.com. Alloy and Delia's were my favorite catalogues in junior high because they were pretty much the only mail that ever came for me and they had the cutest clothes ever. One time, after months of reliably receiving the two catalogues in the mail and calling friends to discuss the new fashions immediately upon arrival ("Okay, now, the dress on page 24. Would that color work on me?") my friend Tracy got her Alloy catalogue in the mail but I didn't, and I was seriously convinced that the people at Alloy had decided I wasn't cool enough anymore and had cut me off, and I became the first person in the history of the world to call a mail-order company and literally beg them to put me back on their mailing list.


My recent nostalgic perusing led me to this dress, which I think I love. Alternatively, I think it also might look a little bit like a dish towel (it is made of french terry after all). Ooh! Let's pretend that we're all in junior high, and you're my best friend, and we both just received our Alloy catalogues and within minutes had gone through them multiple times and marked pages and circled must-haves and asked our parents for money, and I call you and say "Okay, now, the mod blue dress on page 24. What are you thinking?"

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm not gonna lie, I still receive the "Alloy" catalog and a smile still spreads across my face! I didn't call my friends or anything, but I did and still do cirle things I want!

Alice said...

Okay, word to this entry. I used to pour over Alloy and Delia's every month. I eventually stopped getting both, though, because I never bought anything in them. But anyway, I love the dress, although (or maybe because?) it looks somewhat like a baby outfit.

Tamar said...

Um, hi. I'm TWENTY EIGHT YEARS OF AGE, and I still do the D! These days it's just like Urban but usually cheaper and WAY less overtly, disgustingly trendy. Like just about any other major retailer, you gotta weed through the crap to find the cute shit...

How cute is this:
http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=1239&itemID=46375

And these:
http://store.delias.com/item.do?categoryID=556&itemID=45989

As long as you (as in the universal You) avoid the cheesy logo tees, I say full speed ahead!

Oh.. and PS: Once I got a set of THREE Jonathan Adler vases for 19.99. I SHIT YOU NOT. I bought two sets and wanted to get more but they were sold out.

Ok. Stepping off the Delia's soapbox now!

Anonymous said...

the dress is cute, winnie you could totally pull it off.
the only problem--and this is a huge problem--is that it makes me think of ms. oneal. i don't know why.

Anonymous said...

Breast Enhancement Pills

Breast Enhancement

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Enlargement

Breast Enhancement Pills

Natural Breast Enhancement

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Enlargement

Breast Enhancement Pills

Breast Enhancement

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Enlargement

Hoodia Pills

Hoodia

Hoodia

Hoodia Pill

Breast Enhancement Pills

Breast Pill

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Pills

Breast Enhancement Pills

Breast Pill

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Pills

Breast Enhancement Pills

Breast Pill

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Pills

hgh

Breast Pill

hgh

Breast Pills

Breast Enhancement Pills

Breast Pill

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Pills

Breast Enhancement Pills

Breast Enhancement

Breast Enlargement Pills

Breast Enlargement

Breast Enhancement Pills

Blog Widget by LinkWithin