Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Try Free People. Everyone else has.

My friend Lindsay is one of the most stylish girls I know. When I first met her our freshman year of college, I was totally intimidated because she had really cute clothes, really good hair, and a sorority was courting HER. I'm not joking. While hundreds of other girls were getting naked and circling their body fat with sharpie markers during pledge week, the recruiters from Delta Delta Delta (motto: Tri Delta. Everyone else has.) were politely knocking on Lindsay's dormroom door, describing the benefits of membership, were she so inclined. No matter how pro or anti-sorority you are, admit it—you’re impressed.

Anyway, considering her overall chicness and fashion savvy, I was shocked, shocked I tell you, to learn that she’d never heard of Free People. Free People is the greatest brand ever for stylish young things like Lindsay (although it definitely helps to be a rich stylish young thing if you actually want to own any of their clothes). She kind of hates me right now for introducing her to a brand she loves but "can neither afford or fit into," but nevertheless, I thought I'd feature some of my current Free People favorites. This one goes out to you, babe.

This top is perfection. Love the color. Love the sleeves. Love the neckline. There's a lot of love in this room.

Such a cute dress, not so good chocha coverage.

I want this entire outfit. And I want to be able to pull off that mischievous side glance without looking like a dumbass.

I'm not sure if my love for this adorable appliqued jacket comes from just the jacket itself or if it's because this picture is gorgeous and taps into my secret urge to pay someone to walk behind me all day holding a flattering light source. Someday, my friends, someday.

freepeople.com

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm sure, given the growing popularity of this blog, you will soon have an acolyte holding a flashlight or some other light source behind you.

Love free people, love the detailing of their clothes, love the layout of their site. They remind me of a younger, somewhat more affordable Anthropologie.

Anonymous said...

omg and we actually have this brand in Aus!!!

Chanel (nbr5) said...

You're funny. Your blog is funny. And Free People IS a cute brand...

Congrats on winning the Lucky Gift Bag too BTW! Not really liking you a whole lot right now because of it, (Ok, yes! I wanted it!) but hey! CONGRATS nonetheless! ;-)

Love this blog.

Anonymous said...

I'm undecided about Free People. Most of the time I come across really flimsy, and frankly quite ugly pieces, but then I see an adorable must have. It's complicated.

Nicky said...

I like Free People too, I usually wait until the thing I want goes on sale though, b/c then it is a lot cheaper! And I'm so jealous of you for winning the Lucky contest! Congrats!

Style Editor said...

I have turned into such a fan of Free People this year. It's a little grungy in places and can be a bit pricey -- I always go for the sales racks and pick up great little knits and jersey dresses for layering.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin