Sunday, January 21, 2007

Fifteen Minutes.

Well, today is basically the biggest day of my life, as Daddy Likey is the featured 15 Minutes of Fame profile on the Iqons website. Every hour on the hour, my profile is shown to the world on the Iqons front page, and great fame and fortune should follow. I invested in a bunch of burlap sacks with "$" printed on them just for the occasion, so I really hope this thing pans out.

If you haven't heard about Iqons yet (I didn't until very recently--my friend Laila gave me the hip tip), it's an online networking site for the fashion industry and the people who love it, a Myspace with way fewer pictures of shirtless sixteen-year-old boys with captions like "You know you wanna hit this ladies LOL", and way more pictures of Marc Jacobs shoes with captions like "You know you wanna hit this ladies LOL."


Despite the inevitable pretentiousness that occurs when you get a bunch of fashion industry people together, I really like the idea behind this site.
You'll find tons of familiar bloggers on there as well as designers, writers, artists, photographers, fashion fans, etc. Go ahead and join! You know you want to, and I'll totally be your cyberfriend.

edit: I just tested the link to my profile and found that it was bringing people to a middle-aged French guy's page instead, but it should be fixed now. oops.

8 comments:

Unknown said...

Thanks for the "hip tip". I'll check it out. I'm constantly getting peer pressured into joining sites like that and Facebook sooner or later I'll be more than just slightly hooked to the internet. I'm going to be an addict. I'll have to go to I.A.A. Internet Addicts Anonymous.

Anonymous said...

you are incredibly cool and i am so proud to call you my twin!

-marmar

Anonymous said...

I kind of signed up for this but wasn't sure what to put in the wee boxes. Do you just put in pictures of stuff you like? I'd be doing it mostly as a graphic designer to showcase my work, so do I put my work in the wee boxes? What's the deal with the wee boxes!!!

daddylikeyblog said...

dearest qm,
I had no idea what to put in the wee boxes either, although I didn't call them wee boxes at the time (I will from now on, of course). When I looked around the site, I saw that most people were showcasing their work, some had pictures of themselves, and some were me and just put up a picture of their blog and their raccoon coworker. Since you're a graphic designer and actually have cool stuff to show off in the wee boxes, by all means, do!

Anonymous said...

cool! i found out about iqons via stylebubble but was scared to try it. haha. maybe now i will. :-)

shopdiary.com

Anonymous said...

yay!! I'm excited for you. also, I JUST remembered the other day that I got you something from Australia. you'll like it, I think.

...

maybe.

-laila

Anonymous said...

OK, I loaded up a showcase and at the top you have add a pic of yourself which I did, but then there are spaces around your pic which I assume get filled, but what with? I got emailed saying someone wanted to be in my 'entourage', so is that was goes in those spaces - people who ask to be in your entourage? Can you invite people on or add them yourself, or do they have to ask to be invited? I feel really old right now and think I should be calling the internet the interweb. Maybe email me Winona, as I'm broadcasting the fact I'm dumbass right now...

Anonymous said...

By jove I've got it! I've sussed this new fangled interweb thingy! I'm inviting everybody, hell I'm going to have the biggest entourage EVER - just call me Mariah

Blog Widget by LinkWithin