Tuesday, July 01, 2008

An Imagined Conversation Between Myself and This Shopbop Model

Me: So, how are things?

Shopbop Model: Good, good. Things are good.

Me: How's the family? The family good?

Shopbop Model: They're fine, yeah, they're doing well.

Me: Good. And work? How's that going for you?

Shopbop Model: It's really great. This shopbop gig has got me some other offers and I think it's gonna be a really good year for me.

Me: That's fantastic! How about your love life?

Shopbop Model: Umm...Actually it's not so good. It's really bad, to be honest. It's kinda hard for me to talk about, but, well, I walked in on my boyfriend having sex with my mo--

Me: YOU'RE WEARING A TOWEL.

Shopbop Model: What?

Me: WITH HEELS.

Shopbop Model: Wait, this? No, no, this is a dress.

Me: Yeah, that's a towel.

Shopbop Model: But it costs $500!

Me: Yeah, that's a really overpriced towel.

Shopbop Model: But it has sequins!

Me: I bought a sequined towel once. From Hilo Hattie. It said "MAUI" on it in silver sequins. And it was a towel.

Shopbop Model: Really? Why would you buy a sequined towel?

Me: I don't know. It hurt really bad so I gave it away.

Shopbop Model: Good call.

24 comments:

Smaggle said...

Jeez you crack me up! I just snorted avocado out my nose. I bet it hurt worse than the sequined towel.

Anonymous said...

That is officially the funniest thing I have ever read. EVER! For real.
Seriously, you crack me up. We live close, we should hang out.

Anna said...

Funniest thing I've read in AGES.

Jen said...

Dude, it's a sequined towel WITH straps! That makes it totally worth $500 :)

Adri said...

Hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee hee *pauses to breathe* hee hee hee hee hee hee...

thefashionhead said...

funny you should mention sequin bathtowels because i just found out that my friend still owns her purple one from childhood (we're 23) and still uses it! oh, and ps - you're hilarious

Anonymous said...

At least it's a NICE towel. She could've just Bedazzled a ratty old Spongebob towel from her nephew's laundry basket, stapled on some headbands for straps, and called it a day.

And even that, with those shoes, might've been passable, if you ask me. YUM.

Katy said...

Don't you see? It's worth the $500 because it's a port-a-wear-a-towel, the likes of which has never been seen before.

Unknown said...

Maybe it's made of Egyptian cotton. And, like, really fancy sequins.

WendyB said...

I'm glad you two were able to agree in the end.

Stickyheels said...

WOW that's fantastic because I definitely went to a wedding Saturday night and someone was wearing that exact dress and every time I saw her I had a variety of thoughts that included:
"Wow that looks like a pink towel"
"Eeek that dress is way to much for this wedding"
"Is it possible to be overdressed when you're wearing a towel?"
"Sparkles...hurt...eyes"

Now I can add the thought "Her glittery pink towel dress was way overpriced" to my thought repertoire.

Lisa said...

Hahaha even before I scrolled down I saw the pic and thought, that's a towel with sequins. 500?!? Sheesh. For that much money, I'll buy my own towel and bedazzle it myself.

la femme said...

lmao.

Biianca said...

WOW!!! you are hilarious! Not to sound weird, but I literally LOL-ed

aizat.cinta.goddess said...

hahha..it is funny!!next interview you can try to interview the Marc Jacobs model

Caitlin said...

Sometimes, it's hard to believe that you make me laugh this hard.

Anonymous said...

Ahhh, you nailed it! That is one fancy, bedazzled towel. Do they sell a sequined shower cap too, b/c that would top off the look.

www.shinylittlethings.com

N/OutofFashion said...

Love!

the assistant said...

thanks I needed a good laugh

Landis said...

i know this towel. i think i dated this towel.

TheSundayBest said...

Better a towel than a napkin.

Emily said...

I nearly pissed my pants reading that its so funny!

Anonymous said...

She looks like she hates it.

Menina said...

Haha I agree totally, love your blog.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin