Thursday, January 07, 2010

Don't Show-cha Your Chocha!

It's time for 2010's first edition of Don't Show-cha Your Chocha!, the recurring feature in which Daddy Likey readers submit examples of fashionistas who have taken the short hemlines trend a bit too far (in some cases up past their bellybuttons). Please click here if you want a more detailed explanation, and if you feel ready for your daily dose of chocha, read on...

As much as I appreciate the bold pose, this makes me very nervous:

Says Liz: A few more buttons would help.

Vigilant reader Joe captured this candid chocha photo:

The story: I was out shopping when I saw this in the window of (where else?) American Apparel. I'm fairly sure it's meant to be a top rather than a dress, but the decision to put it out with just leggings quite frankly terrifies me.

Love this one from reader Dijana:

She says: When you see this picture you just know that when she let go of that t-shirt the photographer got a straight shot at her 'chocha.' At least we'll save money not buying pants this season.

Ellie sent in this great example from the Balmain spring 2010 runway:

Since it's Balmain, this lil' ensemble probably costs approximately 700 million dollars. Showing your chocha? Priceless.

From Sara:

I love her eloquent description: This "tubular cowl neck" really draws the eyes to every woman's treasure.

Sometimes I wear an outfit like this to bed. And then I get nervous that there will be an earthquake and I'll have to wear it outside:

Nancy puts it perfectly: Just one gust away from "I see France."

Ah yes, here's Whitney "No Pants" Port:

Anna says: If she's cold enough to wear a coat, maybe she should also put on some pants!

Sarah was depressed to find this offender at Banana Republic:

She says: It makes me sad that Banana Republic, on whom I've relied for years for affordable work basics, is venturing into chocha territory. They couldn't have taken all that extra fabric at the cowl and applied it where it's needed?

Alana found this gem:

I named the file "Red Chocha," which is like "Red Dawn," but way scarier.

From the lovely Liz:

She says: Poor model, she doesn't have pants, is wearing a see-through top, and it's falling off of her! No wonder they don't show her face!

Ummm, yeah:

Says Antoinette: This Rick Owens outfit is special in a different way, as though he decided to offer a not-so-subtle hint. I mean, really.

And finally, Mazie sent in what she calls "A conglomeration of chochas," shown below (click the picture to enlarge):

Seriously, how great is that phrase? Conglomeration of Chochas. It kind of sounds like a political affiliation from Star Trek. I'd join.

Find a chocha? Pass it on! daddylikeyblog@gmail.com

25 comments:

Danni said...

Oh how I love the chocha! Oops that sounds wrong. lol.

GLC said...

A "Conglomeration of Chochas" sounds more like the list of alien women that Captain Kirk got it on with.

punky said...

Is it bad that i really want that white shirt? Where is it from. I promise to wear pants.

xo, Alexi said...

haha this is such a cute post idea. the first picture really reminds me of my sister's high school. she was telling me that so many girls dress like that- with plaid shirts as dresses and you can see right up their *sses.
also, i went to a fashion show once where you could see the models' nipples! and it wasn't meant to be like that either, the designer just didn't really think it through...

Katy Mary said...

Such a hilarious post! I have witnessed far too many incidents of too much chocha in real life, people need to learn to cover their shit up!!

Nana Erin said...

I will have you know that I saw this feature on your blog many moons ago, and have been known to point at people and say "Don't Show-cha Your Chocha!".

XOXO your newest follower.

Alex said...

Umm I sent you an email about a "chocha" I found and It's not on here..

Lisa said...

"Red chocha" should bring you some interesting Google searches. Speaking of which, are you going to do an Inadvertently Ask Daddy Likey post any time soon? I miss those. :-)

Rosie Unknown said...

Wow. The world scares me sometimes.

daddylikeyblog said...

GLC--hahaha excellent point!

Alex--Not to worry my dear! Right now I have about 200 chocha submissions to feature so although it may take awhile it WILL be featured. Thank you so much for sending it in! :)

Michelle Schraudner said...

Oh Whitney. Out of everyone, you should have known better.

WendyB said...

Is that Whitney chick the one who is supposed to have something to do with fashion?

Rae said...

When I saw this on my dashboard I uttered a sing-song exclamation of "Chocha!" And then I thought,"Wait- should I ever be this excited about chocha?"

Hm.

Annie Spandex said...

Demi Moore was wearing that Balmain on the cover of W recently--and amazingly had her lawyer threaten people for saying she was photoshopped. http://boingboing.net/2009/11/17/demi-moore-is-ralph.html

Lauren said...

I saw a real life version of 'Don't Show-cha Your Chocha!' today. I only saw the back of this girl as she walked into my work but that was bad enough. She was wearing this short black shift dress which barely covered her bottom. I'm happy I didn't see her bend over..

lanika said...

So classic. I love it.

Ivan McK said...

I'm with Danni - I love chochas! LOL

Seriously, though...the world is far too giving these days. I remember when you had to work (or at least pay) to see it. Now they're showing it off like itz going out-of-style.

+8!3

Gem said...

Haha, hilarious!!
The tubular cowl neck description made me feel pretty uneasy.

Kim said...

shorts skirts/dresses are becoming more and more the style. during the 60's, it was not un-common to see underwear... just sayin. maybe it's time to let go a little.

Michelle said...

I la-la-loooove your blog. Chocha posts especially. Have shared with like-minded sarcastic friends galore. I LOVED your Tuesday Top 5 Style Lessons. I took that and wrote my own version on my blog. Thanks for your fabulous blog!

The Law Office of Levinson Axelrod said...

Hahahaha. Hilarious.
The Red Dawn look, fabulous!

Enterrement de vie de jeune fille Paris said...

Superbe la tenue rouge et spécialement la fourrure elle est dantesque
Karine

Darla: Retro Ways said...

So SO so SO funny I cant stop laughing.

xo Darla

silverjewellery said...

the purple dress is beautiful, would look great with a silver necklace and pearls.

Mens Suit said...

love this blog..so funny funny funny.hahaha..LOL

Blog Widget by LinkWithin