Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Totes.

How do guys you feel about using the word "totes" instead of "totally"? I used to hate it, then I started saying it in a jokey way to annoy my friends, then it crept into my everyday vocabulary (irony creeper!), then last week I found myself saying it quite earnestly in the middle of an important work meeting and realized my life is in shambles.

My feelings about canvas tote bags have evolved in a similar fashion: first I thought they were stupid, then I started carrying this random one sort of as a joke, and now I want to buy a new one everyday.

I love tote bags because they provide a simple canvas for a multitude of designs and styles. There are simple designs and zany ones and some that feature Nietzsche quotes and some that are just like, "Dude, pizza is so good!" There's something for everybody.

Here are the top 5 canvas tote bags I'm totes coveting at the moment:

I wish! $16

"T-Rex doesn't want to be fed. He wants to hunt." $10

Love this in t-shirt form. Love it in tote form, too. $14

This toast tote is totes awesome (say that 5 times fast). $17


p.s. A local movie theater manager recently asked my brother Devin if he would be interested in dressing up as Edward Cullen and entertaining the crowds when the new Twilight movie opens. I think this is the funniest thing that's ever happened, and now I really want to buy him this sweet Robert Pattinson tote.

21 comments:

Jamie said...

That t-rex tote is to die for, but I love them all!

Marshall said...

No, no, no.....This is the baby!

http://www.endclothing.co.uk/a-p-c-denim-tote-bag.html

Just picked mine up the other day.

Penny Dreadful Vintage said...

My favourite ever tote (that I promise myself I will buy one day) says 'I <3 Mr Darcy'. SWOON!

Unknown said...

Love the totes (but maybe not as the short version of totally). Though, I must admit to using "sitch" many times - and that actually came from a children's cartoon so there's added shame. PS What is it with Devin? First Robert Downey Jr., now Robert Pattinson? Is it the hair? :)

Melissa Blake said...

Ahhh, I love all these!! :)

Anonymous said...

I am too messy for canvas totes. I end up getting chili stains all over them from leaky lunch bags ... sigh.

Vanessa said...

I'm in love with the toast tote.

Elise said...

I've found I say things like "whatevs" and "legit" ... I'm not sure where I picked them up ... I'm not sure whether I'm okay with it or not either.

Kit said...

I'm hopping over from RSS to say

1) I say 'totes' all the time with my serious face on. I picked it up from Jezebel and now it's the most awesome word in my vocabulary. (Other than awesome of course.)

and 2)I've never been a tote bag fan. Maybe because the only tote bag I've ever had was an Ed Hardy one that my sister gave me that was free with purchase? She assumed my love of skulls would transcend the douchey mcderpaderp nature of Ed Hardy. It doesn't. But you might have just converted me to a tote lover. I must own the T-Rex tote. Yeah, totes need it. Totes.

WendyB said...

I want a bag that says "Pugs on drugs." I totes do.

Daisy Dukes said...

I LOVE TOTES! Almost all my bags are totes, and have been since the eighties! It's the only way to carry my stuff. shoes, camera, makeup bag, sewing kit, first aid supplies, dog leash. I like that they open wide for big stuff and you don't scratch your hands on zippers and stuff reaching in.

Mabel and Zora said...

"Pugs not Drugs"is cool.

Renée T. Habashy said...

Do I dig this post? Totes. hahaha

J.Rose said...

hahaha did your brother accept the job?

SHOEGAL said...

I have started thinking 'totes' in my head, not sure I've said it out loud yet but it's only a matter of time...

What I *have* started saying out loud is 'prolly' and that annoys me beyond belief.
x

Fashion Nerd said...

I bought the 'Don't Give Up' tote (and the t-shirt) during a fit of uni-related-anxiety, and it arrived the day after my boyfriend of two year broke up with me. It's concrete proof that totes can totes help.

I have a pug-obsessed friend who would love the 'pugs not drugs' tote!

TheSundayBest said...

I'm a sucker for tote bags the way I used to be a sucker for extra DVD content on a magazine (if it came with a DVD I bought it.)

Favourite tote bag purchase - St. John in London. Awesome.

Audi said...

My favorite tote bag is one I got in Japan, that has some nonsensical French phrase on it (What's the French equivalent of Engrish -- Flench?? Oh that sounds kind of gross.). Anyway I totes love it.

Anonymous said...

Amazing post! I love Tote bags and this has made me want to buy even more.

Towely said...

I use the term 'totes' all the time and I love it and I will never stop!

Hadley

brittany said...

Ahahahahahha I'm always saying "toats" insteads of totally. Except I spell it weird, as you can see. Like toads... Toats! Ha. Makes me feel like a valley girl. I'm also quite a fan of saying "obvs" instead of obviously. So obnoxious, I do concur.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin