Sunday, November 30, 2008

Daddy Likey Is Not Dead

I'm so sorry for my absence last week. I wish I could say that I was so threatened by your warm reception to my brother's guest blog* that I declared Daddy Likey dead and moved into a cabin to pout with JD Salinger (yes, he accepts disaffected fashion bloggers on occasion), but really, I was super-busy with other projects. Some of them are exciting writing projects, and some of them involved binging on turkey and playing with my parents' cats.

As soon as my brother sends me the photos, I'll share some of my Thanksgiving experience. Since it involved my dad examining a dead salamander wearing the head-mounted magnifying glasses he first debuted here, I thought you guys might be interested. But in the meantime, please accept my earnest promise to be a better blogger this week!

I'll start things off with a high fashion haiku in 3...2...1...


*Seriously though, I loved the response to my brother's post--such funny and cute comments! The praise definitely went to his head though: he called me on Tuesday and said, "The people have spoken, Nona, and they like me more than you."

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

hahaha can't wait to see the pix! and so glad you're back!!

TINE said...

Don't worry, I'm still an avid reader! You're dad is so interesting!

WendyB said...

If you're older than 18, you're way too old for JD. Sorry to disappoint you!

Katy said...

Your dad reminds me of my dad.

Elizabeth said...

Hurry back!

Vancouverista said...

you're never too old for JD

Shannon said...

Missed you. While little bro is very cool and hilarious (I'm increasing the head swell to see how big it can get) and handsome and stuff, I like you better.

Although if your Dad starts doing guest posts while wearing the head mounted magnifier you may have some more competition... I am still laughing about the damn house centipedes.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin