Thursday, June 07, 2007

Speaking of Men Speaking of Fashion...

I recently received this email, and I thought it was such an interesting perspective that I had to share it with you:

Hi Winona,
I just ran into your blog and the first article I read was "I love your shoes" and I for one am a man who loves shoes. Ballet flats, kitten heels, peep toe pumps, polka dot espadrilles with open toes and ankle straps. Stiletto heeled FM pumps, sling backs, wedges, stripper shoes, pointy toed, and round toed. It's all good. I think guys are embarrassed to compliment a woman on her shoes because it shows that he is noticing the details of how a woman dresses and we aren't supposed to notice that. Some people may think I'm shy because when I walk past a woman I always look down but the reason is because I'm checking out out her shoes. Shoes tell a lot about a person and I tend to size up someone by the shoes. I try not to judge. but I can't help it. It's fun trying to figure out a stranger by her shoes. I think one of the things women take for granted is that they can have a gazillion pairs of shoes and not have to explain why.

The man's got a point, no?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh god. I hope I never meet that man because boy is he going to think I'm some kind of freak...

Crafty Lulu said...

Why can't more men be like him?

Anonymous said...

I'm a man, and I feel the same way...When I used to live in Atlanta and I saw a woman in a nice pair of shoes, I almost always complimented her.

I loved buying shoes myself (I own almost 100 pair) so I can understand how women feel when putting on a new pair of shoes.

Now, I email several women a day by scanning blogs and e-commerce sites to find beautiful (and not-so-beautiful) shoes to comment on, and I contribute to some shoe blogs as well...

Anonymous said...

he's so right! is he single?

Anonymous said...

Oh my gosh, You got a name? That sounds just like my husband! We have been married for 24 years, and I swear he looks at everyone's shoes. It used to bother the heck out of me. Now, I realize how lucky I am! You should see my collection!!!

Anonymous said...

I get comments like, "oh these must be new because I have never seen them before." So men do notice.

Anonymous said...

I'm a guy and I love women shoe their so much to choose from but I love ballet flats the most that I actually
wear them an have a pair of my own I know is weird but I like them so much
and good news for men who like ballet flats because Acne Jeans has launched its summer line for men 2008 and it involved...thats right its own line of flats for men. So awesome but I would wear them with better outfits thou, like long slack that cover my ankles or long jeans...well now you know, I can't wait to buy them here in the U.S.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin