Saturday, June 09, 2007

Thirteen Miles of Asphalt and Muffin Top...


I can't do a real post right now because I'm walking a half marathon tomorrow at 7am. This is a problem because:

1. It's currently 1:30 am.
2. I forgot to train. Like, at all.
3. I neglected to wash my cool exercise outfit, meaning I will probably be walking in these horrible Everlast biking shorts my grandma gave me in 8th grade that didn't accommodate my belly even then. But perhaps my sartorial disaster will make me a lovable underdog of sorts as thousands of fans chant "Muffin Top! Muffin Top!" when I cross the finish line.
4. I just ate two apple fritters. Soooo not going to help that whole "Muffin Top" thing.

I'm going to try to get a Fashion Mad Libs up by later tonight, but for right now, pray for me, dear friends, pray for me.

7 comments:

Susan B said...

As long as you have good shoes and some moleskin you'll be fine. Good luck!

Ana said...

Good Luck Winona!!!!!

Anonymous said...

Just take water. As long as it's a walk, you'll be fun. As my marathon training friend says: 'It won't kill you--you'll pass out first!'

Hmm...that might not actually come across as helpful.

Emma said...

Pretend you're running to a huge vat of Nutella.
That might not be the kind of exercise incentive you hear in a spinning class- my spinning teacher is more focused on shouting "YOU'RE ON A BEAUTIFUL MOUNTAIN! YOU ARE SURROUNDED BY NATURE! YOU HAVE NEVER BEEN AS EXHILARATED AS YOU ARE AT THIS MOMENT! YOUR LUNGS FILL AND RELEASE WITH THE COLD MOUNTAIN AIR! FEEL THE BEAUTY WITHIN AND OUTSIDE OF YOU!"
Not being hyperbolical, that is more or less a direct quote.
But the Nutella thing works a lot better for me.

Laura V said...

Walking a half-marathon! Wow. I think the longest I've ever walked at one time was just under 10 miles, and was I ever sorry.... :)

juiicySCOOP said...

LOL this was sooo funny!! How'd you do!?!

daddylikeyblog said...

Juicy--
As I neared the finish line, my legs started doing that wobbly giving out thing that happens to actual athletes when they push themselves too hard, but mine were only doing it because I was cold and wet and forgot to train or sleep the night before, so I kind of felt like a loser. But in reality I was a winner, because I crossed the finish line. Sure, it was minutes before they tore the finish line down because it was over the time limit and they had to re-open the roads, but still...

And thanks for the encouragement, everyone!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin