Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Five Men's Fashion First Impressions!

It's time again for Five Men's Fashion First Impressions, the ever-popular recurring feature in which I show an avant-garde piece of clothing or accessory to the five men in my life and record their snap judgments. Today, at the request of lovely reader Devora, I showed the men these skull purses:

And here's what they said:

Brother, age 14:
What is it? (Long pause) No, seriously, what is it?
A purse.
Brother, age 14: Ooohhhhh! I want one! Chrome finish, please.

Is this like a new goth trend? One of my coworkers would really like these, but she got fired for taking heroin and passing out at the meat slicer.

Brother, age 22: It looks like the skull is gasping for breath through a dry cleaning bag.

Brother, age 19: After 'Police Station,' these rank at the top of the list of Worst Places to Hide Human Skull from Police

Father: Yow! (Closely examining the photo) Well, they're only marginally good skulls to begin with, from an anatomical standpoint. They're self-consciously stupid, as far as I'm concerned.
Me: I kind of thought you might want one.
I already have a skull.
[Editor's note: He does. It's on a shelf in his office.]

Got a request for the Five Men? Email me! daddylikeyblog@gmail.com


Lesley said...

As usual, these guys CRACK ME UP!

Anonymous said...

I really like the new colors, but I like the five men more! Your boyfriend is hilarious btw.

Vanessa said...

Who the hell buys this junk? I like what your 19 year old brother says :-)

Claire said...

They got their heads screwed on!! It's the purple suedey one that creeps me out the most though.

I like the new colour scheme as well, change is good and refreshing!!

Tibz said...

Your father has a skull on a shelf in his office? Awesome!

Anonymous said...

This may be the funniest five men segment ever.

jillian said...

um love the colors. love the mens' impressions. way to go :)

WendyB said...

Everyone's skull should open like that -- it would make it so much easier to get a lobotomy.

Sal said...

Doesn't your dad know that you can never have too many skulls?

Hammy said...

Those things are creepy :| Where would you use one? They look far too small to put anything but a bit of change in. Besides the fact that you'd make everyone within a 3metre radius think you were the next Ed Gein.

Your blog cracks me up :)

Jennifer Nicole said...

Your dad sounds absolutely awesome.

Princess Poochie said...

Someday I will visit you and I want to come over for Sunday dinner so I can meet everyone.

PS, I liked the blue before more than this. Just me.

MizzJ said...

Your dad's comment is the best one ever. Who does need more than one skull on their shelf? :p

Brittney said...

I am seriously digging the new colour scheme, darlin! LOVE IT. Way to go white (or close to). Design decisions like that can be hard to make sometimes, but really, a little change is fun, no?

Oooh those purses are terrible, and I aggree with the "strangled in a dry cleaning bag" comment. I wouldn't even carry one of these purses ironically, and you're looking at the girl who has a chinese food box purse!

rubybastille said...

Remember that part of Men in Black where the guy pulls back the skin on his face? That's what those look like.

Also I would totally use the purple velvet one as a candy dish.

ArkieStyle said...

Next time, instead of using your usual 5 guys (their answers are brilliant, don't get me wrong) what if you walked into the nearest Burger King and asked 5 dudes there? "Uuuuhhhh."

daddylikeyblog said...

Apparently he doesn't, but I'll let him know.

You have an open invitation!

Anytime a question begins with "Remember that part in Men In Black?" my answer is "Yes."

Oh. my. god. I seriously might have to try that. Then maybe I could contrast them with my men's answers? TEN MEN!

Rosie Unknown said...

All joking aside, I would actually carry it, in any colour, although probably black.

GoodLookingCorgi said...

They are gothy as hell and I like that. Unfortunately, the link shows that they are pretty small. Smaller than most clutches it looks like. What the hell. If you're going to have a skull strapped to your wrist, go life sized.

KD said...

I love your dads reaction.

Georgia said...

The men in your life are hilarious! Nice to meet you! Thanks for the comment! I use too many exclamation marks sometimes!!!

传斌 said...

replica Watches
replica Watches
replica Watches
fake Watches
knockoff Watches
replica Rolex Watches
replica Breitling Watches
replica Cartier Watches
replica Omega Watches
replica Tag Heuer Watches
replica Bell & Ross Watches
replica Panerai Watches
replica IWC Watches
replica Patek Philippe Watches
replica Chopard Watches
replica Gucci Watches
replica Corum Watches
replica Montblanc Watches
replica Jacob & Co Watches
replica A.Dunhill Watches
replica A.Lange & Sohne Watches
replica Alain Silberstein Watches
replica Audemars Piguet Watches
replica B.R.M Watches
replica Baume & Mercier Watches
replica Blancpain Watches
replica BMW Watches
replica Breguet Watches
replica Burberry Watches
replica Bvlgari Watches
replica Chronoswiss Watches
replica Concord Watches
replica D&G Watches
replica De Witt Watches
replica Dior Watches

Blog Widget by LinkWithin