Tuesday, March 09, 2010

Awesome Affordable Etsy Find of the Week!


Pretty much every night, I get out my favorite mug (National Geographic mug shoutout!), boil some water, and make myself a lovely cup of tea. Then I set it on the counter and forget it exists while I watch 3-7 hours of Criminal Minds. Then my boyfriend comes home and sighs dramatically and says, "Nona, you didn't drink your tea again. Why do you make tea every night when you never drink it?" And then I say, "Why are you always judging my tea-drinking habits? Matthew Gray Gubler is the only man who understands me!" And then my boyfriend says, "You have never met Matthew Gray Gubler. You are in love with his character on Criminal Minds, not him, and in reality he would probably be just as confused about your insistence on leaving full cups of cold tea all over the house." And then I'm like, "Damn, maybe you're right."

Maybe wearing a cup of tea would work better for me?

p.s. Thanks so much to Jolene for the heads up about this adorable little shop!

17 comments:

Laney said...

Hilarious post and I love that ring!

Tara said...

Don't even SAY that about Gubler, you know he would understand you and your cold tea habits. Because he is perfect. DON'T GIVE UP ON THE DREAM

Apocalypstick said...

AW, you still have your National Geographic mug?

daddylikeyblog said...

Tara--Hahaha thank you for the word of encouragement. You're so right. I'll keep the dream alive!

Apocalypstick--
OF COURSE I do! It's my very favorite and I really do use it everyday--I clutch it to my bosom and coo whenever I take it out of the cupboard.

Anonymous said...

Ohhh, Dr. Reid!!! *swoon*

Renée T. Habashy said...

OMG- I completely understand how you feel about your favorite mug. I have one as well. I always thought I was a little OCD to care that much about which mug I use, but maybe I'm not alone!

The ring is hilarious, but I wonder how many times it would get caught on stuff throughout the day before I'd break it or something.

http://reneetbouchard.blogspot.com

EvaNadine said...

FOR SALE: National Geographic mug, often nestled in the bosom of Winona from Daddy Likey.

Kathryn Sutton said...

I do this too! In fact it's got to the point where I have to absolutely insist that I will drink the whole thing before people will even make me a cup of tea. Then I forget about it, let it go cold and have to secretly pour it down the sink when they're not looking...

Maybe I should just get a tea-cup ring too?!

x

http://sparklesmiledance.blogspot.com

suivrelesillage said...

I know that I'm in love with his nerdy character...but he wouldn't be able to do it that well if there wasn't some part of him that got it right? I <3 Matthew Grey Gubler...

Shayna said...

I love little food jewelry! Damn! Why'd you have to post this when I'm so broke?

Rosie Unknown said...

You, me and my mum's cleaning lady should start a club! My room is filled with half empty tea cups, and she leaves one in the bathroom every single Tuesday.

Whit said...

That is simply the most delicious and delightful little ring I have ever seen!

Science Chic said...

I love it! Just last night I was discussing with my friend our love tiny utensils and dishes. How perfect is this?

Catie said...

That is *so* charming...probably my favorite of all the etsy posts you've ever done.

om nom nom said...

this teacup ring is cute! YOU are cute. you & your boyfriend are cute.

:) made my day, seriously.

SewSweetStitches said...

Haha I do that too! Plus one worse: I put the water on to boil and forget about it, walk off to another room, and I've ruined the enamel on yet another Le Crueset saucepan. *sigh* One of these days I will get a teakettle. Cuz I burnt up the one I had haha

Nadia said...

I can so totally identify with both the cold tea phenomenon and the Spencer Reid thing.
The ring is cute too. ;)

Blog Widget by LinkWithin