Monday, March 22, 2010

This Might Clear Some Things Up...

The lovely and talented Jessica emailed me the transcript of a conversation she had with her mom the other day, and I couldn't resist posting it here, partly because it clears up a few common myths/misunderstandings surrounding this blog, but mostly because it totally cracked me up:

Mom: I read a blog on your website the other day! You had it linked.

Me: Oh? Which one?

Mom: Daddy Likely.

Me: Daddy Likey?

Mom: Oh, I thought it was Likely. I thought it was a saying I didn't know.

Me: Nope, Daddy Likey.

Mom: Yes, I liked what she was saying about sweaters. I buy LOTS of sweaters in the same colors. But I was a little disturbed that she is selling stolen clothes!

Me: WHAT?

Mom: Her store that she was talking about. The one with Stolen Vintage Clothes. Who does she steal them from? Does she ask?

Me: Oh my...no. The store is Stolen Peacock Vintage. She had a story about her family stealing a peacock.

Mom: Is she selling a stolen peacock?

Me: No, the store is NAMED after a stolen peacock. She didn't steal any clothes.

Mom: So she's not selling anything she stole from anybody.

Me: Right.

Mom: Oh, good. That makes me feel better. I liked her writing, and I felt bad about liking her if she was stealing things and selling them!

Me: I am SO e-mailing her about this.

Mom: Tell her I'm sorry I accused her of stealing. Oh, what's a 'Chocho?'

p.s. If anyone else is wondering, "chocha" is a term that translates to "private lady parts." Pronunciation is an entirely personal decision, mostly because I love hearing my mom and her friends (and now Jessica's mom!) come up with different versions.

p.p.s.s. I also wanted to assure you that Jessica is right--Stolen Peacock Vintage is not stocked with stolen merchandise. And I gave up the peacock-stealing business a long time ago. But I regret nothing.

11 comments:

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

Mum's make the best conversationalists.

Kelli said...

This is so funny! Also very informative, thanks! :)

FutureLint said...

My parents always refer to mine as "your blog thing" and my mom once asked my what a "DIY" was but tried to pronounce it as a word rather than initials. Also "chocho" = hilarious!

Kathryn Sutton said...

Hahahahahaaaa this made me laugh. A lot. Mum's can be amazing like that... Also, good to know that you're not selling anything stolen, be it clothes or peacocks!

x

http://sparklesmiledance.blogspot.com

Anonymous said...

Oh, I laughed ^^

April said...

hahahahhahaha this is hilarious!

flowermash said...

Thank you for emailing this jessica!
& Thank you criminal Daddy Likely for sharing.

Erin said...

awesome. my mom would totally call it a "va-jay-jay" or something equally ridiculous

Eileen said...

I wish there were counselling for my wardrobe!

I also searched "24 Free Dinners afraid of homosexuals" today to find the great quote you had from The Advocate. Never fear, there are not people looking for free dinner and also afraid of homosexuals.

BAM said...

I love it, thanks for sharing!

Hannah said...

Hahahahahahahaha. I just can't stop laughing!!!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin