Tuesday, March 02, 2010

Top 5 Things to Wear For National Corndog Day

My mom's coworker, Jordan, happens to be one of the creators of National Corndog Day, which happens to be the best holiday there is.

It is better than Thanksgiving because it involves binging but does not necessarily require awkward family bonding time. It is better than Valentine's Day because it is a day full of love and emotion without the pressure to be in a relationship. It is better than Christmas because it's cheap. It is better than the 4th of July because it carries significantly less risk of receiving disfiguring burns. It is better than Flag Day because Flag Day sucks and nobody knows what it is.

On National Corndog Day, March 20th, you get together with your friends and eat corndogs and tater tots, and drink beer. You're also supposed to watch the NCAA basketball tournament, but I don't care about basketball so usually I just eat 12 corndogs and go to sleep.

Here are my recommendations for that all-important National Corndog Day outfit:

1. Yoga Pants

The elastic waist is key here. Trust me.

2. Zany corndog-themed t-shirt

Look at that happy corndog!

3. Red Hoodie

Conceals bloating and ketchup spills.

4. Plaid trapper cap

No idea why. It just feels right.

5. And, of course, a couple of cute corn dog charms:

Now that's the holiday spirit!

I hope you'll consider spending March 20th binging on corn dogs with me. If you're interested in ordering a Corndog Day party pack, they're available here until this Friday. And if you live somewhere without easy access to corndogs, here's a recipe for corndog batter, because god knows International Corndog Day is even better than National Corndog Day.

Seriously you guys, it's so much better than Flag Day.

25 comments:

WendyB said...

I'm in my eating pants right now!

Heidi Rose said...

Oh this is fantastic. Thanks for including the recipe. :)

Kathryn Sutton said...

Amazing.

That's pretty much all I have to say on the matter.

x

http://sparklesmiledance.blogspot.com

TheSundayBest said...

Corndogs are criminally underrated.

SewSweetStitches said...

Wait... corndog flavored mints are included in the party pack? Well why didn't you say so before!?

Taylor said...

Oh my Lord who would ever WANT to live somewhere where corndogs WEREN'T available? You know what's better than corndogs? Corndog nuggets. Fact!

VERONICA said...

Trapper hats for you Pacific NW corndog fans, natch.

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

I think we call them Dagwood Dogs here.
The perfect opportunity to bridge international boundaries with the support of fluffy yellow batter.

C said...

Don't forget to get this inappropriate tattoo!!

FashionTheorist said...

Can I just mention that deep-fat frying can lead to some nasty burns?

However, any holiday that involves fried food, sausages, potato products, and beer is OK in my book! I, too, will be gleefully ignoring the basketball, though. Just not my thing.

Rosie Unknown said...

Definitely celebrating, without the basketball, cause it would just make me feel guilty. And there is nothing like a little guilt to ruin a corndog binge!

mockingbird said...

I love corndogs. So much. Like, I've sung love songs to them. I think this is the first time I have commented, and I'm probably not leaving a very good first impression. I am just so excited about this holiday.

Jen said...

I have to disagree with the red hoody. Ketchup has no place on a corndog! Mustard only!!! The corny coating is too sweet for ketchup. Yellow hoody in it's place.

Brittney said...

Oh my GOSH Nona do we still have our date for Grave-jumper day? Or wait, was it Arbor day?! I don't remember now! D:

Mimi said...

The corn dog was one of the most enigmatic things I encountered when I moved to the US from France. I still fear it a little to be honest.

echidna girl said...

love the charms especially

Stacey said...

National Corndog Day sounds like the best holiday ever. Also, what on earth is Flag Day? I don't think we have that in Australia?

Anonymous said...

I generally save corndog consumption for the state fair, but I'll be happy to make an exception!

flowermash said...

this is amazing.

the charms are awesome too.

Caroline said...

I love me some Daddy Likey, but I feel compelled to tell you that I'm sobbing alone on my couch right now. My birthday is on Flag Day... How could you?

I will take a corndog as an apology. Thx.

Lisa said...

Mmm corndogs...

Nat said...

I'm a vegetarian, but I want to join in. I think I've had a veggie corndog before. I hope it wasn't a dream.

OH HELL CLOTHING said...

Never had a corndog - what are they like?

Paddy☮ xx

Click here to visit me at LITTLE RAZZI blog!

Danielle West said...

it's been a milling years since I've eaten a corndog, but I have no idea why...I remember them being completely awesome.

Elise said...

I cannot tell you how excited I am about National Corndog Day! I will DEFINITELY be celebrating and will force my friends to celebrate with me!

Blog Widget by LinkWithin