Monday, May 17, 2010

Don't Show-cha Your Chocha!

Happy Don't Show-cha Your Chocha Monday! Please take a moment away from your important work duties to peruse these lovely examples of hemlines gone up, up, and away. If you're new 'round these parts and would like to read the very first installment of this feature, click here.

And if you're ready to jump right in, let's kick things off with this quintessential DSYC moment submitted by reader Elizabeth:

She says: Uh oh, looks like Brittany from America's Next Top Model Cycle 14 is having trouble keeping her chocha in check...

Next up, one from Alex:

I love her explanation: I was contemplating on buying this dress, and was looking for the cute belt to match using the zoom feature. Instead of finding the belt, I realized I had found a chocha!

Here's a chocha and a "joe-cha," if you will:

Says Claire: Saw this photo and thought, 'Don't Show-cha Your Chocha double whammy.'

Speaking of Joe-cha:

Martha puts it simply and politely: Oh dear.

Reader E submitted the following dramatic chocha shot and hilarious caption:

Don't know 'bout you, but personally I always like to get fully dressed, yet forget my pants entirely. Then hang around the docks in my granny undies, introducing people to my chocha. Just like this lady.

Anna sent me an email titled, "Chocha-flashers can be animal lovers too:"

She says: Despite a somewhat risible and half-hearted attempt at the knee-clench, this model is flashing her white knickers through her short'n'sheer dress. Shocking. Even more so because it was from the Saturday suppliment of The Guardian (a supposedly medium-to-high-brow British paper).

An unconventional submission from reader Becky:

She says: An upcoming trip to San Diego made me desire a new bathing suit, something basic and nice, American Apparel! OH MY GOD what a mistake.

I got a few emails about this one:

Cal asks: What's better than a velour Don't Show-cha Your Chocha?

And Elise says: The description says it 'hits above the knee.' Above knee? I don't think that approaching chocha = above knee.

I think someone needs to cross out "dresses" here and write "long-ish shirts:"

Says Kay: This clearly shows a very miserable and uncomfortable girl contorting herself into a position so that when her momma looks at the picture she doesnt see her chocha.

This one is just so, so awesome:

That is an impressive clench, right there.

And finally, here's a classic cupcake chocha:

Says reader Katharine: The model looks so awkward! The poses on the designer's Etsy are even better. I'm very very glad it's not everyday wear!

Thanks so much to all my diligent chocha-spotters around the world! I always welcome DSYC submissions (email me at daddylikeyblog@gmail.com) but I'm currently working through quite an impressive backlog, so don't be alarmed if it takes awhile for your chocha to get its turn in the spotlight, ummm, if you know what I mean.

14 comments:

Lovers, Saints & Sailors said...

The phrase "cupcake chocha" disturbs me.

Katy said...

YES! I love DSYC!!!

Suniverse said...

This is fantastic! I'm new to your site, but have enjoyed it very much, and this is great. I can't fathom wearing these things without a sturdy pair of pants underneath.

That being said, I am old enough to remember wearing those mini-mini-minis in the 1990s. But to the bar. Not to work - I didn't live in Melrose Place.

EmFace in Space said...

So as always, I was intensely reading your blog at work - Don't Show-cha Your Chocha is a personal fav of mine - when I got the feeling someone was watching me. I slowly turn and who is? Only the New Employee Orientation group get their first tastes of their new jobs. Welcome friends...welcome.

WendyB said...

I'm glad you're equal opportunity with the Joe-chas.

daddylikeyblog said...

LS&S--Yeah it's a little upsetting, isn't it?

Suniverse--
Welcome to Daddy Likey! So glad you're enjoying DSYC!

Emily--
Hahaha that is possibly the best thing I've ever heard. Like, seriously.

WendyB--
I'm nothing if not progressive!

hope505 said...

Joe-cha...genius. Pure genius. They're out there....
Thanks for starting the work-week right with my favorite feature!!

Edana said...

Y'know, I usually hate leggings, but whenever I read one of these posts I want to shake the models or random chocha-showcha-ers and scream WEAR LEGGINGS NEXT TIME at the top of my lungs. Seriously, now.

Sarah xo said...

This is amazing. End.

Lisa said...

Joe-cha is my new favourite word of the day.

Alex said...

My Chocha-Picture FINALLY made it into your post! thiat makes me very very very happyyy :DD :)

Renée T. Habashy said...

That cupcake choca dress is the best. I love it!

Rowena said...

I'm with Martha

Radu Prisacaru said...

I am select your site how one of my favorites sites. Your model is good and single.

Blog Widget by LinkWithin