Thursday, March 27, 2008

FMFFI: I'll take those sandals with some fava beans and a nice chianti

It's been much too long since the last installment of Five Men's Fashion First Impressions, don't you think?

For those of you just joining us, FMFFI is a regular feature in which I ask the five men in my life for their first impressions of a strange fashion item. These impressions range from pegging top models as transsexuals to quoting Willow, and I always find them quite amusing.


Today's item: a striking pair of Jeffrey Campbell sandals, available at Urban Outfitters and first brought to my attention by Samida of Stained Couture:


Men! What say you?

Brother, Age 20: Oh man. Oh man. I don't like 'em at all. They look like hands, for one. They look like Shredder's gloves.

Father: All I can say is, Where's Spartacus when you need him?

Brother, Age 18: They look a little out of place without Sigourney Weaver shooting at them...

Boyfriend: (Laughs) They're horrible. Just horrible. They look like they're made of skin. Human skin.

Brother, Age 13: Hmm...It looks like human scalps. A pile of human scalps.

And there you have it: Solid proof that that Urban Outfitters is selling human scalps for 98 bucks. Really, what kind of world do we live in?

18 comments:

jackie said...

LOL! i heart the men!

N/OutofFashion said...

They are absolutely hideous. The ties do look like skin...eew.

echidna girl said...

Taking the gladiator look over the edge and into the void.

la petite fashionista said...

i have to agree these are a little over the top for my taste haha. a little too costumey.. love their comments.

:)

Princess Poochie said...

I love those 5 men!

Luv
Poochie

Casey said...

Hahaha! These might be a good remedy for cankles.

susie_bubble said...

Um... nothing wrong with wearing human scalps?!?

lisa said...

I'll keep these in mind if I ever need to go to a toga party thrown by a cannibal.

dressedandpressed said...

Hee! Human scalps... Hee! From the mouths of babes...

Apple Diva said...

I am trying to figure out something.... Why would a man need warm calves and cold feet and ankles or sweaty calves, while his feet and ankles are airing out....

P.Y.T. said...

I always look forward to this feature. I think it's a safe bet that the five men in your life have helped in keeping the whole fashblog community just that much more grounded.

Queen Michelle said...

I hope I never meet your menfolk because I have 2 pairs of sandals almost exactly like these! I know, I'm a freak! In my defense though, I only have them in black - the tan ones do look a tad human.

jess said...

that was really funny. i almost chocked on my mint

Kaume'alani said...

I can't imagine what freaky tan lines you would get if you wore these in the summer!

Alice's Blog said...

hahaha. we sold a pair of jc's similar to these at the shoe store I used work at...my co-workers and i would always wonder why anyone bought them. i guess it makes u stand out for better or worse. great feature btw, i love it!

kim said...

ha ha! human scalps, brother age 13 you truly are hilarious! (:

cindy said...

i think that brother age 18 is a douche!

Anonymous said...

Replica Handbags
Fake Handbags
Knockoff Handbags

Replica Louis Vuitton Handbags
Replica Gucci Handbags
Replica Chanel Handbags
Prada Handbags
Replica Fendi Handbags
Replica Dolce Gabbana Handbags
Replica Chloe Handbags
Replica Jimmy Choo Handbags
Replica Thomas Wylde Handbags
Replica MiuMiu Handbags

Replica Balenciaga Handbags
Replica Coach Handbags
Replica Lancel Handbags
Replica Hermes Handbags
Replica Marc Jacobs Handbags
Replica Anya Hindmarch Handbags
Replica YSL Handbags
Replica Mulberry Handbags
Replica Givenchy Handbags
Replica Valentino Handbags
Replica Versace Handbags
Replica Cartier Handbags
Replica Marni Handbags
Replica Bottega Veneta Handbags
Replica Loewe Handbags
Replica Kooba Handbags

Replica Bally Handbags
Replica Burberry Handbags
Replica Christian Dior Handbags
Replica Juicy Couture Handbags
Replica Ferragamo Handbags
Replica Celine Handbags

Blog Widget by LinkWithin