I watched The Princess Bride for the 7000th time yesterday, and (as always) it's greatly impacted my life in a number of ways:
1. Please refer to me as Princess Buttercup from now on.
2. My boyfriend and I tried to go for a jog afterwards but ended up chasing each other around a park screaming, "Hello! My name is Inigo Montoya! You killed my father! Prepare to die!"
3. My boyfriend and I also spent some time drafting out a "If it's Cary Elwes, it doesn't count" clause for our relationship.
4. I am already losing friends over my infuriating overuse of "Inconceivable!"
5. Instead of doing my homework, I spent like nine hours looking for princessy dresses online, like these:
This one's a little gothic, perfect for when I'm mourning the death of my true love at the hands of the Dread Pirate Roberts.
Roberto Cavalli, $3345
But when I find out he's alive, and has actually been posing as the Dread Pirate Roberts for five years, I can finally change into a happy princess dress like this one:
On a different note, is anyone else as bitter as I am that this shade of green has been usurped by the medical scrub industry and therefore, no matter how pretty the garment is, if it's this color you can't help thinking, if just for a second, "Oh that must be for formal surgeries."?
Milly, $385 (wait a second...a three digit price from netaporter? Inconceivable!)
Oops! Forgot that I still have to marry a murderous prince! Better go a little goth again:
Temperly London, $1292
Sometimes a princess has gotta dress down, go a little wild, show a little leg. For those occasions:
Matthew Williamson (my true love), $890
Temperley London, $1292 (this one might be my favorite)
Anna Sui, $426 (Inconceivable! God, that never gets old.)
And finally, an adorable princess dress from Anthropologie, at a sale price that pretty much proves a commenter's lament from yesterday that $300 dresses get marked down to $295:
$189, used to be $248. Oh wow I'm totally jumping for joy at the massive savings.
I need to start saving up for all of these dresses immediately so I can start wearing them to school and calling my professors "Farmboy." That would go over really well, I think.
All dresses except the one that's "on sale" are from netaporter.com