Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Marc Jacobs and My Boyfriend's Car

My friend Khathy just spent $1300 on a new purse. This makes her the first in my friend group to venture into the brave new world of wildly priced handbags. We're all in our early twenties, so I suppose it was bound to happen sooner or later, but up until now, my $50 BCBG bags from Nordstrom Rack had been the stuff of whispered legend among my frugal friends. If you're wondering which bag she succumbed to, behold the Marc Jacobs East/West Stam Bag:


Gorgeous? Yes. In fact, after she brought it home, she didn't take it out of the bag for a long time. She called me that night and talked about it like it was a wild animal that had no business in her room. "It's just there in the corner! I'm scared to touch it!"

I'm having a hard time adjusting to this mainly because my friend now owns a purse that cost more than my boyfriend's car. Whenever I'm driving around with my boyfriend now I can't help but think that Khathy's wallet is being carried around in a leather sack worth a hundred bucks more than the 1987 Honda Accord carrying ME around. Now that's one lucky wallet.

If the photo triggers the same primal urges in you as it did in Khathy, the bag is available at eluxury.com and in Nordstrom stores.

No comments:

Blog Widget by LinkWithin